Setting up an Electronic Filter Change Indicator (Complete Pitchers only)
If you’ve purchased one of our Brita® Smart Pitchers, the electronic indicator will tell you when to change your filter. To get the indicator light working, follow these easy steps:
- Press firmly and hold start button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Four bars will appear in the display, one after the other, and flash. Do not release the start button until the 4 bars appear and start to flash. If you have difficulty pressing the start button, a capped ballpoint pen may be used to press the button down.
- A small flashing dot in the lower right corner shows the indicator is working.
- Every 2 weeks a bar automatically disappears. When only 1 bar remains make sure you have a new filter on hand.
- After 2 months, when all bars have disappeared, an arrow will flash at the top of the display reminding you to change your filter.
Setting up Calendar Minder® (Space Saver and Bella only)
The Calendar Minder® is a simple dial calendar with the month and date to remind you when to replace your filter. Use it to make remembering easier.
- Insert a new filter.
- Set filter indicator to closest date 2 months from now.
On the date indicated, remove your filter and repeat steps 1 and 2.
Basic Brita® Faucet Filtration System (MODEL OPFF-100, Model SAFF-100)
Green: Your filter is working.
Half Red and Green: Replace filter soon. Your filter cartridge has two weeks or approximately 20 gallons of life left.
Red: Your filter cartridge has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced now.
Complete Faucet Filtration System with Advanced Features (MODEL FF-100)
Flashing Green: Filter is working.
Flashing Amber: Replace filter soon.
Flashing Red: Replace filter now.